The Environmental Policy
The Environmental Policy of CloudSource (“the Company”) is set out to ensure, as far as it is practical that its operations will be carried out with a true commitment to protecting and enhancing the environment. As a Company we know that it is easy to generate wastepaper and use packaging products. However, as we strive for excellence in every aspect of our business, we are committed to minimising the environmental impacts of the business operation. Whether at the office, a client site or working from home it is important to help both work and mental performance by having a working space with light, colour, natural elements, and be both comfortable and clean.
- 1.1 Aim to continuously improve our environmental performance.
- 1.2 CloudSource operate a Paperless Office and discourage printed material. We encourage the use of OneDrive for personal storage of information and SharePoint for storage of all project information. The use of Print to PDF function is encouraged to be used.
- 1.3 Where printed material is necessary, we will use recycled or ecologically friendly paper.
- 1.4 Reduce our consumption of resources and improve the efficiency of those resources.
- 1.5 We do not supply Printers to discourage printed material. There is one Printer for occasional use at the Head Office location. When used this is set to print double sided.
- 1.6 We very much encourage the use of scan and email instead of printed material
- 1.7 Strive to manage waste generated from business operations according to the principles of reduction, re-use, and recycling
- 1.8 Recycle all paper products, ink, or toner cartridges.
- 1.9 Comply as a minimum with relevant environmental legislation and other environmental requirements.
- 1.10 Keep harmful cleaning product use minimal.
2. Supply of Equipment and Consumables
- 2.1 Source all Computer Hardware from manufacturers – currently Dell – who offer recycling and re-use of component parts when the useful life of their products has been exceeded.
- 2.2 Maintain an environmental policy which ensures minimal packaging, that packaging is recyclable, discourages excessive waste and additional consumables. This requirement is met by Dell.
3. Office Environment
- 3.1 Encourage recycling of any cardboard material and batteries by providing dedicated receptacles within the office
- 3.2 Discourage the use of disposable hot drinks cups by providing washable mugs for office use.
- 3.3 Source office supplies from sustainable or recyclable/reusable sources where possible
- 3.4 Turn off unnecessary lights – bathrooms and kitchen areas etc. and use low energy bulbs.
4. Travel and Transport
- 4.1 Encourage use of trains and other public transport rather than car travel
- 4.2 Walk or cycle rather than drive
- 4.3 Purchase and use of electric cars by Directors.
5. Working from Home
- 5.1 Consider changing to a green tariff to keep energy costs low.
- 5.2 Let natural light into your workspace. Only light the room you are working in; lights in bathrooms/kitchen do not need to be on constantly; and use LED low energy bulbs.
- 5.3 Only boil required water for hot beverages; do not fill the whole kettle, and obviously use/re-use receptacles for beverages.
- 5.4 Power down computer at the end of your working day.
- 5.5 Only heat the room you are working in and put on a layer of clothing rather than turn the heating on/up.
- 5.6 Unplug any unnecessary devices.
- 5.7 Possibly add a plant or two to improve air quality.
This Environmental Policy Statement will be regularly reviewed and updated, as necessary. The management team endorses these policy statements and is fully committed to their implementation.